The Tunxis Trail, in the vicinity of Sawmill Rd and Johnnycake Mountain, is impassable because of a recent housing development. Please follow the detailed bypass instructions outlined below.
NORTHBOUND (1.4 miles)
- At the intersection of the Tunxis Trail with the White Dot Trail (blue blazes with white dots), turn left and head west for 0.14 miles to Mountain Top Pass Rd.
- Road walk Mountain Top Pass Rd west for 0.25 miles.
- Turn right onto Johnnycake Mountain Trail in meadow. Follow orange tipped stakes across meadow to fence at Rock Rd.
- Turn right on Rock Rd and road walk for 0.6 miles.
- Turn left to continue on blue-blazed Tunxis Trail northbound.
SOUTHBOUND (1.4 miles)
- At Rock Rd turn right and follow road west for 0.6 miles.
- Turn left when you see dark wooden fence at Johnnycake Mountain.
- Follow orange tipped stakes south across meadow to Mountain Top Pass Rd.
- Turn left and road walk for 0.25 miles to just past intersection with Sawmill Rd. Look for the White Dot Trail (blue-blazes with white dots).
- Follow the White Dot Trail for 0.13 miles to junction with blue-blazed Tunxis Trail.
- Turn right and continue southbound.