Honorary & Memorial Gifts are about love.
The love you have for a special person and their love for the land, forests, parks, and trails. A gift to the Connecticut Forest & Park Association (CFPA) is a simple and meaningful way to honor or memorialize a special person, or special people, in your life.
Honorary Gifts are a fun or special way to celebrate a life milestone: birthday, anniversary, promotion, retirement, or finishing a Blue Trail…really any occasion worth celebrating. Honor your loved one with a gift that protects the land. It is also a great gift for the person who has everything or tells you they need nothing!
You will receive a thank you for your donation and your friends will receive a personal letter from CFPA telling them that you have made a conservation gift in their name. (The amount of your gift will be kept confidential.)
Memorial Gifts are thoughtful and powerful ways to remember someone who loved hiking or knew the importance of conservation during his or her lifetime – a gift in that person’s memory is a beautiful tribute to them and their life.
You will receive a thank you for your donation. CFPA will also write to family members or friends, as you request, telling them that you have made a thoughtful gift in memory of their loved one. (The amount of your contribution will be kept confidential.)
How to give:
- Donate online, by phone, or mail.
- Note the name of who you’d like to honor or memorialize
- If it’s a honorary gift, please note their mailing address so we can send them a personal letter telling them about the gift in their name
- If it’s a memorial gift, please note the mailing address of anyone you’d like to be sent a personal letter telling them of your thoughtful gift made in memory of their loved one
Additional ways to give honorary or memorial gifts:
- Designating CFPA as a beneficiary of your IRA or other retirement plan
- Naming CFPA as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- Giving appreciated securities (contact our office for delivery instructions)
You can make your gift go further if your company participates in a matching gift program. If so, please complete your company’s matching gift application and send to the Connecticut Forest & Park Association.
For further assistance, please contact us directly at (860) 346-TREE (8733) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please inform us if CFPA is named in your estate plan—we’d like to thank you, that’s all!