The Connecticut Forest and Park Association (CFPA) is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Executive Director.
The Executive Director is a full-time exempt employee reporting to CFPA’s Board of Directors (Board). The Executive Director provides organizational leadership by partnering and working cooperatively with CFPA’s professional staff and Board to carry out our mission through the implementation of CFPA’s Strategic Plan. The Executive Director guides the impact of our conservation programs through our primary programs of:
- Providing Advocacy for trail protection, the role of CT’s forests in Climate Resilience, and enhancing Equitable Access to CT’s trails, forests, and parks
- Extending statewide capacity and impact of our Education programs including the Master Woodland Manager and Master Naturalist certification programs, building our public education partnership to connect diverse students and families to the outdoors
- Protecting, providing stewardship, and welcoming new and diverse users of our 825+ miles of Blue-Blazed Hiking Trails
The Executive Director maintains an atmosphere of respect, inclusion, equity, and collaboration in a casual yet professional setting. Working with Staff, the Executive Director:
- Provides oversight of CFPA’s activities and programs;
- Manages operations;
- Partners with the Board to develop and carry out strategic objectives;
- Oversees financial operations and provides guidance to our Development Director;
- Builds and maintains key relationships with our members, donors, and partners; and
- Advocates for public policy objectives by working with our Public Policy Committee, contract lobbyist, partners, and volunteers.
View our full Job Description HERE.